It’s been over a year since I’ve last given an update (holy cow!), but I’ve purposely waited until I had something worthwhile to share. I think my last post was somewhat of a downer, so I have lots of wonderful things to share, but I don’t have a whole lot of time, so it is going to be a super short and sweet post today. I’m really looking forward to blogging regularly when the time comes, so just bear with me for now.
- Daisy learned how to sleep (update from my last depressing post about sleep deprivation)!
- I was finally able to start running again in February of this year (14 months postpartum) after solving the problems of my pelvis which happened to be adductor magnus issues.
- I quit my job at Road Runner Sports in order to stay home with Daisy full time and to start my own little business, Suzanne Jakes Photography, which has been keeping me busy and has really inspired me to explore my creative side.
And here are the really exciting details…
- My little family is expanding by two feet! I am 30 weeks pregnant and am having a little boy on or around January 18!! If you are Facebook friends with my mom, you already know this since she let the cat out of the bag. 🙂 I was able to get about 3 months of running in before I got pregnant but was advised not to run at all during this pregnancy because of my pelvic problems. I ran for the first 9 weeks or so but had to call it quits after that. Unfortunately, I’m not doing any sort of exercise, which leaves me feeling extremely crappy about myself and makes me worry that I’m doing a disservice to the little babe. There’s not much I can do that doesn’t irritate my pelvis and just walking and chasing Daisy around is enough to get things inflamed. I’m only 7 months pregnant and am already experiencing an extreme amount of pain in my pubic bone/pelvis, so all I can do is wait and hope for the best before I can start training again.
- We are moving to Colorado Springs, CO! I have been living in Southern California for almost 9 years now and have never quite felt at home. Tad and I have been talking about moving ever since we got married and things only became more serious once we had Daisy. We’ve traveled to places like Bend, Portland, Sacramento, and CO Springs to find our home and after setting foot in The Springs, we knew it was our place. We bought our first house together and are moving this weekend…just in time to get things set up before Baby Jakes arrives in January. I am so so so excited to live in a place like Colorado and am also really looking forward to living and training at altitude. Stay tuned on all of that. 🙂
- My running dream is still alive! By the time I have Baby #2, it will have been 3 years since I’ve competed or trained. Things did not go exactly as I had planned, but I have accepted it and couldn’t be happier with where I am in my life. I am so crazy happy being a mommy and am also really looking forward to my future and growth with photography. These last few years have taught me so much about balancing what’s important in my life. Three years ago, running consumed me. It was definitely the most important thing to me and had even become an unhealthy obsession. Running holds a very special place in my heart, but it will never come before my family. I do have plenty of unfinished business on the roads and on the track, and I will do whatever it takes get healthy and train again. The dream lives, and I have huge goals that I plan to achieve.
Thanks for reading, and I really look forward to blogging regularly with updates on our new home, Daisy and the new babe, my recovery, and hopefully my road to a come-back in 2016!!